Bus line Athens - Prague
The international bus line No. 000406 Athens – Bratislava – Prague has been operated by the Greek transport and travel agency Korona Travel since 1993. The line operates year-round, usually once a week. Currently, during the post-COVID period, there are slightly fewer connections, usually every other week in the winter season and every week in the summer season. An overview of all connections is available here.
• Departure from Athens is usually on Thursdays, but can occasionally be on other days, such as holidays. Departure time is always in the morning at 7:00, with arrival in Prague usually between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM on Friday. Subsequently, departure from Prague is at 8:00 AM on Saturday, with arrival in Athens on Sunday afternoon around 4:00 PM.
• The departure and arrival location in Athens is the same as the carrier’s address, Lagoumizti 65, Neos Kosmos, which is near the historic center of Athens. The final stop in Prague is at the ÚAN Florenc bus station, where the departure is also usually from platform number 5.
• Stops in the direction from Prague include Brno, Bratislava, Budapest, and in Greece, Thessaloniki, Katerini, Larissa, and Lamia. A detailed overview can be found here. If you are interested in boarding or exiting at a different location on the route outside of the planned stops, please ask us. While we cannot guarantee it, we will try to accommodate you.
• In addition to boarding and exiting stops in Prague and Brno, there is a connection available from Brno to Ostrava and back with stops in Olomouc, Bruntál, Krnov, Opava, and Ostrava. A detailed overview can be found here.
• Tickets can be purchased for any section of the route, except for domestic sections. This means that it is possible to travel from Prague to Bratislava, but not from Prague to Brno or from Thessaloniki to Athens. Tickets are not sold on the bus, but only through the online platform, where you choose your route and date, enter personal information, confirm everything, and finally pay by credit card. An electronic ticket will be sent to your email immediately.
• Payment can also be made in cash at our office in Prague (U Sluncové 14, Prague 8), but only during opening hours or outside of these hours by prior arrangement over the phone.
• Tickets cannot be reserved, but can only be purchased based on availability, either online or at our office.
• Ticket prices vary depending on the season, occupancy, and time remaining until departure. You can find the specific price by searching on the online platform. A discount on the fare is provided for children up to 12 years old and students with an ISIC card.
• Luggage up to 30 kg is included in the ticket price.
• Online ticket sales close 1 hour before departure.